Join new friends and neighbors every second Sunday of the month from 2:00-4:00 PM at St. Monica’s Catholic Church to assemble kits with toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, and more.
The Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative is a collaborative and inclusive movement to prevent and combat homelessness. Each phase of the Homeless Initiative process - strategy creation, design, implementation, budget recommendations, and oversight - has been participatory and reflective of input from a broad group of stakeholders.
Join Safe Place for Youth on Sunday, October 7th, 2018, for our 6th Annual Carnival! Hosted by SPY Board Member Peter Micelli and his wife Jennifer Lang at their home. This family friendly event includes carnival games, food and drink, a raffle, and more! 100% of funds raised from Carnival will go towards SPY's programs that help homeless youth exit the streets.
Join Santa Monica’s annual open streets event celebrating community, art, and sustainability. More than two miles of city streets will be closed to cars and open for people to stroll, bike, and roll. Indulge in delicious food, listen to live music, enjoy world-class art, and experience the community’s public spaces in a new, reimagined way.
Community volunteer pop-up event. Come out to put together items that will benefit low-income individuals and people currently experiencing homelessness. Lunch will be provided to volunteers.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars:
- INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects;
- PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and
- EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community.
Tens of thousands of committed volunteers together with thousands of civic, nonprofit and business partners have enabled L.A. Works to make a significant, visible and lasting contribution to Los Angeles.
Since 1991, L.A. Works has mobilized and led volunteers to contribute over a million hours to Los Angeles through unique volunteer programming, which has included:
- Serving meals and preparing emergency food provisions for over 425,000 homeless and low-income individuals;
- Providing educational and enrichment activities for over 65,000 disadvantaged youth;
- Revitalizing schools, parks, and community centers for more than 200,000 volunteer hours;
- Offering companionship to seniors and friendship to abused and homeless women for more than 20,000 volunteer hours;
- Conserving, cleaning and restoring urban and natural environments in and around Los Angeles for more than 75,000 volunteer hours;
- Caring for animals in shelters and sanctuaries at over 1,200 volunteer projects; and
- Training more than 900 Angelenos in project and volunteer management.
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
Santa Monica community members are invited to join the Santa Monica Police Department and communities nationwide to celebrate National Night Out. This special event will take place at the Santa Monica City Hall. National Night Out is an opportunity for the SMPD to honor the exceptional relationship our police and community share together. In addition, there will be food, entertainment, dancing and community art projects.